* The juice of passion fruit contains phytochemicals which is considered to reduce or inhibit cancer cell growth.
* The phenolic acids and flavonoids present in the fruit are supposed to possess heart-protecting function.
* The phenolic profile of the fruit is known for its anti-microbial activity.
* Passion fruit is a good source of antioxidants, both water soluble and fat soluble ones.
* The fruit is quite high in carbohydrates and simple sugars, which improves athletic performance.
* It contains plant sterols, which help in lowering the levels of cholesterol.
* Passion fruit is a reservoir of Vitamin C, Vitamin A and Potassium.
* The pulps of the fruit are very vital sources of fiber.
* It is very good for attaining optimum health and to reduce weight.
Source: Q'TEB Marku Markisaki